Thursday, January 04, 2007

OPI Nail Polish Update Part 2

Okay, so I've had some time to try out the new OPI products I bought. And I have to say, when combined, they do work well together. I can go about a week before any chipping occurs, if I wear a light-colored polish. Most of my OPI colors are dark red, and it seems the dark colors don't fare as well. Just like on a wall, the dark colors need extra coats and extra time to dry, and they never seem to dry hard and I think that's why the dark colors chip more easily.

Over the weekend, I couldn't resist buying this Barbie pink nail polish I saw at Walgreens, and I tried it out with the OPI Chip Skip and Start to Finish base coat/top coat. I didn't have much time to give the color to dry, as we were on our way out for New Year's. But it held up amazingly well. The next morning, after partying harder than I ever have, there were surprisingly no chips in the paint. Sadly, I had to remove my Barbie pink and throw on something more respectful for work.

So, I will have to collect some more OPI colors, preferably in a medium color range before I can give a final verdict. Woe is me!

No comments: