Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another Week Gone

So we've had another great week on Body for Life. I am going to try and get up half an hour early every morning and go swimming. I'm feeling the need for some exercise in my life.

Stefan and I stumbled across a local coffee shop in Colonial Heights called Castaways. They offer free Internet access to their customers, so they should be able to withstand the Starbucks that is being built a few blocks from them. It was pretty cool, and it will offer Stefan a place to go to write where he'll be more surrounded by people who aren't hairy and growling or barking all the time.

It was a great weekend for the pool. Lots of sunshine and heat. This summer has been unusually humid and cloudy and not so warm. We went to a party Saturday night. I met up with someone from my former life at the party and it went well. I might rediscover some old friends. Divorce does funny things. Lines are drawn and loyalties with friends get split.

Sam and Dave are getting married in a couple of weeks. Congratulations! We have plans with them next weekend - their last weekend as a single couple. Hopefully the weather will hold.

I went through the phone book to find things to do around here. We missed the Watermelon festival last weekend. I wasn't aware of it being last weekend. I'm trying to find us things to do, so we can ingratiate ourselves into our new community. Petersburg is heavy into the civil war. Lots of museums and re-enactments, which I suppose is great for all those civil war buffs. Richmond definitely has more to offer as far as diversified activities, but it's a long drive.

I suppose no news like this is good news!

No comments: